一、交际用语 （共计 10 分，每小题 2 分）
1. - I was worried about my math, but Mr. White gave me an A.
A. That’s an easy course.
C. Mr. White is very good.
2. - Hi, Helen, I’ll have an interview tomorrow. I’m afraid I can’t make it.
A. Sure, you can. Take it easy.
B. I’m sorry to hear that.
C. That’s all right.
3. 一 Should I leave earlier tomorrow morning?
A. Yes, it’s better to leave earlier to avoid the morning traffic.
B. Yes, you will.
C. No, you won’t.
4. 一 How do you think of the theme of our event?
A. It’s pretty good.
B. I feel so sorry about that.
C. I’d like to have some tea.
一 It will be held on the 3rd floor of Shakiraton Hotel.
A. When will you give a speech?
B. Does your speech still go on?
C. What is the address of your speech?
二、词汇与结构（ 共计 30 分，每小题 2 分）
6-20 题：阅读下面的句子，从 A,B、C 三个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的正确选项，并将答案序号写在题前括号内。
6. He was alwaysin sharing his enormous knowledge.
A. generous B. generation C. generate
7. His action is alwayswith his words.
A. constant B. continuous C. consistent
8. - Can you go skating with us this afternoon?
一 Sorry， I can’t. Itake care of my little sister at home.
A. could B. may C. have to
9. - Whose textbook is this?
- ItJohn’s. It has his name on it.
A. can’t be B. must be C. might be
10. I’m writing toa position as a computer engineer in your company.
A. thank for B. wait for C. apply for
11. You can try these methods to keep your interview anxietycontrol.
A. under B. on C. with
12.a company really wants is a candidatehas the right skills.
A. What ...that B. That...what C. That...that
13. These tips may help you avoidbad employees for your company.
A. to hire B. hiring C. hire
14. Write the telephone number downyou forget.
A. on case B. in case C. under case
15. Does his absenceto your work?
A. make a difference B. take all the credit C. bring about
16. American young people would ratheradvice from strangers.
A. get B. getting C. got
17. you prepare cross training plans, you need to consider both the company benefits and the employee benefits.
A. Although B. Even if C. As
18. The success of our event isto the sponsor.
A. related B. based C. intended
19. Your long-term success in event planning will be based the experience you had.
A. to B. on C. of
20. the feedback is very helpful for planning future meetings and events.
A. Get B. Getting C. To get
三、阅读理解（共 40 分，每小题 4 分）
21-25 题：阅读下列短文，从 A,B、C 三个选项中选出一个正确答案，并将答案序号写在题前括号内。
PPHC and Gooseneck are two organizations that do similar community work. Each has hired a new staff member to make contact with and provide services to new parents.
Elaine has accepted a job with PPHC. She has a degree in psychology but has never done this type of work before. On her first day, after showing her to her desk and introducing her to colleagues, the director gives her a town map and a list of the names of the families she will be responsible for, and wishes her luck. After lunch, Elaine sets out to contact the families, worried about what she’ll do or say when she meets them.
Mark has a degree similar to Elaine’s, and has just been hired by Gooseneck. On his first day, he learns that his job will consist of training for the next week. Mark spends two days going on family visits with experienced staff members, and discusses with them what they did and why. He role-plays some situations with other staff members, and gets some direct instruction from them. By the following week, when he’s on his own, he feels he has a pretty good idea of what he needs to do, and how to go about it. And he knows that his training will continue.
Which situation would you rather be in, being thrown into the thick of things with no training or being trained to prepare for the work you’re going to do?
21. What are PPHC and Gooseneck?
A. They are two companies that do similar business.
B. They are two organizations that do different community work.
C. They are two organizations that do similar community work.
22. Which degree does Elaine have?
A. Psychology degree.
B. Physiology degree.
C. Sociology degree.
23. Which of the following statements is true according to the passage?
A. Elaine has done this type of community work so her organization doesn’t provide staff training.
B. Mark has a clear idea of his job after the training.
C. Mark knows his training comes to an end.
24. How is Mark trained to be prepared for his work?
A. Mark spends two days on family visits with experienced staff members and discuss with them.
B. Mark role-plays some situations with other staff members and gets some direct instruction from them.
C. Both A and B.
25. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. The importance of training.
B. Different training ways.
C. Elaine’s and Mark’s work experience.
Hiring the right employee is a challenging process for a company. A bad hire not just wastes your time and money, but also impacts the team spirit and company morale. A good hire, however, pays you back in employee productivity, successful employment relationship, and business culture enhancement. Here are certain rules that you can use to select the right employee.
Design an effective advertisement. A clearly targeted ad. attracts qualified candidates and discourages others. You can make your ad. More effective with a precise and specific job description.
Ask the right job interview questions. The purpose of the interview is to find out if the candidate is a strong fit to your business. By using a sequence of particularly designed questions, you are able to get a true picture of your potential employee.
Check backgrounds and references. Background checking helps you reduce risks and improve the overall quality of hire. You need to verify that all the presented credentials, skills, and experience are actually possessed by your candidate.
( F ) 26. Hiring the wrong employee is expensive, costly to a company, and time consuming.
( F ) 27. A company has to spend a lot of money hiring a right employee.
( F ) 28. An advertisement with a clear target will make all candidates lose courage.
( T ) 29. Well designed interview questions can help you know more about the candidates.
( T ) 30. Work experience is one of the primary things for an employer to verify in background checking.
四、翻译（ 共计 20 分，每小题 4 分）
31. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
32. The old saying “practice makes perfect” applies to interviewing too.
33. We can’t possibly get the work done by October.
34. They have disagreement on the plan of celebrating the founding of the community.
35. This involves identifying the high-level reasoning behind your intentions for the event.
A. 这也包含了此次活动的主要目 的和意义。
一、交际用语 ( 共计 10 分，每小题 2 分）
1. - Would you mind filling the questionnaire for me?
A. No problem. Just give me your questionnaire.
B. Sorry I can’t go there.
C. I really appreciate that.
2. - Can you stay here longer?
- but I have to be back tomorrow.
A. I’d love to,
B. No, thank you,
C. I’m afraid not,
3. - Why do you look unhappy. What’s the matter?
A. I’m satisfied with the good performance of the radio I’ve just bought.
B. I’m glad to have bought this radio at such a price.
C. I’m rather disappointed with the poor quality of the radio I’ve just bought.
4. - Good morning, Sunshine Community Center ! May I help you?
A. I’d like to book one air ticket.
B. I’m glad to introduce myself to you.
C. I need a plumber to repair the water pipe in my kitchen.
5. 一 Hello, is that service center? The elevator of our apartment doesn’t work.
A. Oh, I don’t know what’s wrong with it.
B. Sorry，I’11 have it checked out at once.
C. OK, I see.
二、词汇与结构（ 共计 30 分，每小题 2 分）
6-20 题：阅读下面的句子，从 A,B、C 三个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的正确选项，并将答案序号写在题前括号内。
6. You need tothose questionnaire papers for your company.
A. hand out B. hand in C. hand on
7. Questionnaires are not suitablesome people.
A. in B. for C. with
8. Where are you used tovegetables?
A. buy B. bought C. buying
9. Customersrefuse to filling the questionnaire are not permitted to buy the product .
A. what B. which C. Who
10. The musiclike the singing of a bird.
A. hears B. listens C. sounds
11. I like cooking for my friends infree time.
A. me B. my C. mine
12. You’d better have your hairbefore going to your friend’s wedding.
A. cutting B. cut C. to cut
13. Her article isin her class.
A. better B. well C. the best
14. We feelwith the inconvenience the service center brought us.
A. disappointed B. worried C. surprised
15. Our workers have been checking the heating system since you called us. Iyou it will perform well soon.
A. argue B. affect C. assure
16. I don’t know . I just arrived here two minutes ago.
A. what’s going on B. how is going on C. who is going on
17. Theysince last night. They are about to finish the work.
A. are cleaning the system
B. have been cleaning the system
C. had cleaned the system
18. I’m confident in these as long as wethe needs of the community residents and improve our service quality.
A. keep an eye on B. keep an eye at C. keep eyes on
19. We have toour annual work report to the manager next week.
A. hand in B. hand out C. hands up
20. the fog, we should have reached the annual meeting site on time.
A. Because of B. In spite of C. But for
三、阅读理解（共 40 分，每小题 4 分）
21-25 题：阅读下列短文，从 A、B、C 三个选项中选出一个正确答案，并将答案序号写在题前括号内。
Questionnaires can be a simple way to get to know your audience’s opinions. Though it is easy to write a questionnaire, you need a lot of skill and experience to write a good one. Luckily, good design skills can be learned in a short time.
Keep Your Questionnaire Simple and Visually Attractive
Keep your questionnaire short and simple. A short and simple questionnaire is more likely to be completed and returned. It is also important to make your questionnaire as attractive as possible. You should keep the following design elements in mind:
Text: Choose a font style that is easy to read, and make sure the font size is large enough for your respondents to read.
Paragraphs: Long paragraphs can be daunting for readers, so try to keep your blocks of text to a handful of lines.
White space: Ensure that there is space between questions and sections and don’t make margins too small.
Keep Questions Brief and Easy to Understand
Be brief and direct with your questions. Do not use any unnecessary words and phrases. Brief questions that use simple language are easy to read and understand, so the participants won’t find it difficult to fill in the questionnaire.
Make Sure Questions Are In the Right Order
You should start your questionnaire with general questions and then move to specific ones. Try to avoid jumping back and forth between general and specific questions.
Use Open-Ended Questions Properly
Open-ended questions mean respondents can answer freely using their own words. They can provide more detailed information, but they take more time and effort to answer and can be more difficult to analyze. You should not use too many open-ended questions in one questionnaire.
In a word, taking the time to develop a well-designed and participant “friendly questionnaire will give you useful data that can help you make the right decisions.
21. The questionnaire contains following elements except ？
22. In order to keep your questionnaire visually attractive, you should .
A. choose different font styles in a questionnaire
B. write long paragraphs instead of short ones
C. leave enough space between questions and sections
23. You should start your questionnaire with questions and then move to ones.
A. general, specific
B. specific, general
C. short, long
24. What could be the best title for this passage?
A. Designing an Effective Questionnaire.
B. Questionnaire is the best way to collect data from many people.
C. Questionnaire benefits our life.
25. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Questionnaire design skills can be learned in a short time.
B. Open-ended questions cannot provide more detailed inform better not use too many open-ended questions in one questionnaire.
C. It’s worth taking the time to develop a well-designed and participant-friendly questionnaire.
An annual report of a company provides information about its business performance for certain people. These people include the investors, potential investors and other stakeholders. From the report, people can understand the company’s business scope, recent situation and future development. The main parts of an annual report usually include chairman’s letter, operation analysis and financial statements.
Usually, an annual report should contain a letter from the chairman. The letter should provide details about the successes and the challenges of the past year. It should also include the future outlook for the company.
The operation analysis is an overview of the business in the past year. It usually includes new hires and new product introductions. At the same time, it will introduce business acquisitions and other important issues.
The financial statements are very important for an annual report. People can know the company’s performance in the past from the statements. It usually three aspects. The first one is the profit and loss statement. The second one is the balance sheet. And the third one is the cash flow statement.
( T ) 26. An annual report of a company provides some information about its business performance for certain people.
( F ) 27. People can know everything of the company from the annual report.
( T ) 28. An annual report usually includes chairman’s letter, financial statements and operation analysis.
( F ) 29. A chairman’s letter should include the strategic direction moving forward.
( T ) 30. This passage is mainly about the main parts of an annual report.
四、翻译（ 共计 20 分，每小题 4 分）
31. A new food market will be built in our community next month.
32. On the last day of the old year, there is a family dinner.
33. You will do everything within your power to try and resolve the situation.
34. To communicate precisely what you want to say, you have to frequently need to define key words.
35. I think what should be done is to create more job opportunities for students.